Second Attempt

You may remember, if you read my "New Start" post in January, that I was trying to lose the excess weight I've put on over the years. Well calorie counting and exercising failed miserably. Now I'm sure calorie counting works for a lot of people but the strict and monotonous counting and writing down of everything I ate just made me even more depressed, and to be honest, I noticed little to no results. I needed something different. Then I remembered a diet I tried last year for a quick fix. Although I put all the weight back on, I reckon it was because I didn't follow the diet through all of it's stages.

So, it is with great pleasure I introduce to you: The Dukan Diet.

The diet consists of 4 stages:
(taken from dukandiet.co.uk)
1 – A brief and headlong ATTACK phase with immediate results. During this phase, the diet is made up of 72 high-protein foods enabling quick weight loss.

2 - A CRUISE phase leading to the True Weight. During this phase, the diet alternates Pure Protein days (PP phases) and Proteins accompanied with 28 recommended Vegetables (PV phases).

3 - A CONSOLIDATION phase of 10 days per kg lost which prepares for the return to a balanced diet. Monitored freedom with a target of establishing this freshly conquered and still vulnerable ideal weight. This phase sees the gradual return of pleasurable foods with two festive meals. 

4 - A definitive stabilization phase based on 3 simple, concrete, easy but non-negotiable measures. This phase is both the easiest and most essential in our slimming method because 95% of people who follow a diet put back on the weight they have lost.

Notice stage 4, that's why I put it all back on the first time. This time I've had a bit of a head start before I blogged, mainly so I can share my results so far. I am currently coming towards the end of my "attack" phase and I have lost 8 lbs, yes that's right, 8 whole lbs! That's over half a stone! I am chuffed to bits! The great thing about these quick results is that it gives you the motivation to carry on.

I experienced a few side effects, but nothing that was unmanageable. On day 2 and 3 I felt very lethargic towards mid afternoon/evening and on day 3 I experienced a sort of dull, throbbing headache, almost like a hangover headache. By day 5 I started to feel more like normal and have been fine ever since.

I have just noticed that the website will give you a free personalised slimming programme, helping you find your "True Weight" (the weight that you should be able to maintain, not necessarily the weight you want to achieve), and also how many days you should remain on each phase to achieve that weight. My dates are a bit off as I have only created it today and I have also been on the "attack" phase for 2 extra days than it states below:-

Fingers crossed I'll succeed this time. I've noticed that I should be at my true weight by 13th July this year, just in time for a summer holiday with the girls. I hope so, as the thought of me wearing a bikini any time soon is bringing me out in a cold sweat!

So, as of today:
Start Weight: 10st 11lbs / 151 lbs
Current Weight: 10st 3lbs / 143 lbs
Total Weight Loss So Far: 8 lbs

I will keep you all updated with my progress


Comments

Popular Posts